Friday 30 September 2011

SS 2012- Manish Arora + Naeem Khan

I think its absolutely fabulous that you have a number of Indian designers hitting the center stage of fashion and getting international acclaim for their work. Manish Arora and Naeem Khan are by no means newbies to international fashion, both having seasoned a number of fashion weeks to their credit, and celebrities wearing their clothes to all sorts of glamorous events. Arora, for his SS 2012 pret line,  was amazing. His designs are infinitely more wearable than usual, not so Arora-esque, and that might be a disappointment for his fans but I kinda really liked some of the pieces, especially the photograph print separates and dresses.Very pop and Andy Warhol-so no complaints from me.
Naeem Khan, I've been a fan of his since his early collections. I love how he blends the eastern, and western sensibilities so well. Whether its through his silhouettes, or his intricate detailing you can very clearly see a fusion, which by no means actually interferes with the gorgeousness of each dress. To be honest I loved seeing the harmony he created with ethnic embroidery on western silhouettes.This time, somehow, I didn't feel the presence of the fusion as strongly as before.Don't get me wrong, beautiful dresses, lovely silhouettes - but didn't quite do it for me like he usually does.


No comments:

Post a Comment