Thursday 8 December 2011

Chanel Pre Fall 2012



So the Pre-fall shows have started, and as usual Chanel was an extravaganza not to be missed.
Usually the pre-fall shows aren't so glitzy, or theatrical but, of course Lagerfeld is not one to follow the norms or leave any stone unturned. He went further than expected, and put up a grand spectacle for us.
This time, Lagerfeld looked to the east for inspiration, Bombay to be precise, although he has never visited the city. The collection was inspired by the rich fabrics, the ornate jewels, and the Mughal Raj. Tweed jackets with Nehru collars, intricately worked, sari inspired gowns and yogi inspired dread-locked hair, it was a beautiful amalgamation of two worlds.
The collection was called 'Paris -Bombay'.
As you may or may not know, I'm quite jay of the neighbor being at the forefront of fashion yet highly inspired by their success. So I obviously will have trouble digesting the name and the inadvertent ass-kissing, so I'm not going to say much about the collection.
Tbh, there were some pieces I really liked, but some I thought were just okay. Really, this isn't me being jealous of India and hence trying to be stingy with praise- I genuinely thought it was grand and had all the bells and whistles for a success, but the clothes were not omg-I'm-going-to-die-right-here-right-now type you know? Maybe its cause I saw Valentino's archives- so in comparison its hard to stand out.

Anyway you can see my picks and see whether you feel the same or different.












No comments:

Post a Comment