Tuesday 17 January 2012

Dorian Corey Quote

Dorian Corey was an American cross-dresser, featured in the documentary, Paris is Burning.
I came across her today while doing my daily browsing and I liked something she said.

"I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot a arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you."

1 comment:

  1. I found everything she has to say very though provoking and somewhat profound. She'll be missed.

    ReplyDelete