Saturday 14 January 2012

Gymnasts Clad in Chanel Never Lose Their Poise

Its true, gymnasts clad in Chanel never lose their poise, especially not if they are being photographed by Karl Lagerfeld himself, and styled by Carine Roitfeld.
Yep, Carine Roitfeld this is the second time in a row that she has styled for the label's campaign. As you know, I am a big fan of Roitfeld, and must soon write about how she's making the most of her new-found freedom (she stepped down last year from Vogue Paris as Editor-in-Cheif). Seriously, if anyone thought she was finished, boy were they wrong- she is reconquering previously won territories. I love that she's open to doing everything under the sun. I hope when I am that old, I  have that kind of a spark, that zeal and enthusiasm to do more, be more, conquer more.- and not get 'tired' after stepping out of the house for three hours, and be stressed if I have to do more than three things in the day. In a good way though- not in super annoying way.

Anyway,coming back to Chanel. You may remember, I featured it as one of my favorite campaigns this year. Featuring Joan Smalls and Saskia de Brauw , the campaign has been shot in Hôtel du Cap-Eden-Roc in Antibes, France. Karl Lagerfeld mentioned way back in October to Women's Wear Daily that the new campaign would be “all about athletics and the sea.…It’s very modern sportif and in black-and-white” , and he really stuck to his word. The models are shown doing some cool acrobatics on parallel bars and rope swings. Its quite stupendous, really- and beautiful photographs. Very, very serene- I don't know If I ever expected that from Chanel,KL or CR but I'm liking it.
You can almost hear the waves.








Nice na?

No comments:

Post a Comment