Tuesday 15 November 2011

Virtues are dignified by Vices

 I feel pretty strongly about people having some vices so they can be identified as humans.
I'm not saying they have to be murderers or rapists etc , but everyone should have a few habits that they're not very proud of or they know are bad for them yet they keep them because on another ,baser, level, they like how they makes them feel, and they realize that feeling good should be an important part of your life. I know, you might think that basically I'm advocating weaknesses- maybe I am- because the strong and holier-than-thou are just plain nauseating. Who wants to hang out with someone who makes them feel bad about their own selves? not me.
 I know exactly what I sound like.
And once again, I'm not advocating anything that is a punishable offense by law so resist the urge to distort.
Acha, anyway,  so I came across this quote by Mignon Mclaughlin that kinda sums what I'm trying to say in a funnier , less psycho way.

" The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues"
 Good one right? and I know for a fact for this to be true- my oldest best friend is one of these types. She once made me confess to a professor that I had seen the exam paper  while it was getting photocopied. Obviously the paper got changed.
Buzzkill.
True story.

No comments:

Post a Comment