Tuesday 15 November 2011

Vladimir Dubossarsky and Alexander Vinogradov

For Valour c.2011

For Valour c.2011
For Valour c.2011

 I don't really feel like writing much these days. I think I'm all written out, for now. I think ever since I saw Rockstar this weekend, I've been too overwhelmed to concentrate on anything.
I want to share these awesome paintings with you, but don't really feel like explaining them and whats so special about them to me.So I'm just going to share them, you can enjoy them without knowing anything (unless of course you know them from before) about them. That is the beauty of art.
Okay, I'll share some key facts- just cos.
 Its a Russian Artist Duo, called Alexander Vinogradov and Vladimir Dubossarsky who've been working together since 1994- and they work in  a pop-surrealist style/ social -realist style. You'll find popular icons, movie-poster images, a lot of kitsch, a lot of ordinary/everyday stuff  in their work and the whole mood is very cheeky and satirical. Its goofy, loud, so different from the nineteenth century masterpeices I showed you yesterday, but the way the duo has chosen to convey its message is exhilarating.
Dracula c.1996

Open Air. 1995
Wedding/Happy Day c.1995
Summer




Chancellor c.1996


 I only recently saw the latest " For Valour" series, and I just love it. Its so heart warming. The first one, the old man, the wind and the balloon.The colors. Isn't it amazing?
This is just a small sample of their work, The duo has created a large body of work ever since they have started collaborating, and its really very interesting to see how their work has evolved in the past 17 years.
Checkout more at: http://www.dubossarskyvinogradov.com/en

No comments:

Post a Comment