Friday 28 October 2011

Lack of manners

 So the Sharif brothers are having a rally today because they figured it would be a nice way to kill time. And according to weather forecasts, 28 October looked like a good day to be out in the sun. They also thought they'd meet with potential voters and see if they can rob them off of anything else. Weekends aside.
I previously mentioned  my beef with Shahbaz Sharif, and it seems that I still haven't let go. The rally posters are lined up outside my house, and every time I look at them I think, "How impolite". It seems that nobody told our politicians about how incredibly disrespectful it is to point fingers at someone.I understand that's mainly what our politics consists of, but come on, get your act together, atleast pretend to be a have some common decency. I understand that pointing may be a natural gesture when making  meth-fueled speeches but if your going to use those images on your rally streamers...I'd say you could have avoided that. Its not a moving/passionate image - if that is what you were mislead to believe by your media campaign advisers. Its accusatory. Its like your accusing the masses for being the ass that you are.
I know I'm justly biased, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that the image used is disturbing.
Nawaz's streamer still doesn't bother me so much probably because
a) he didn't throw an ego tantrum which resulted in me not getting my weekend back. (he probably had a hand in it, but you know the old rule of 'shooting the messenger').
b)He reminds me of a potato. Always has. Since I was kid. I mean that in the best way possible.



SS should take a note out of Imran Khan's book.Have you seen his streamers? learn something from the man. So dignified.So strong. So resilient.

No comments:

Post a Comment