Wednesday 12 October 2011

"Ladies and Gentlemen, fresh from 45 minutes of butt-robics, I give you -my ass"

Okay so I've been putting this off for a very ,very, long time now. I wanted one of my first few posts to be about Jack McFarland because he has been a huge influence in my life, he is my idol, my guide, my mentor and represents everything that is good in the world. If I'm ever in a fix, I wonder, what would Jack do? and then do exactly that.
Okay that may not be entirely true, but despite all the love I have previously professed for all other TV characters, he really is my favorite. Like he is the original favorite. I remember when I first started watching Will and Grace, I wanted to have a best friend just like Jack.Still wouldn't mind.Yes, he's a handful for sure and he'd be a real high maintenance friend but I think we'd be able to balance each other out because I like to think I'm low maintenance (right?).

Sean Hayes is absolutely brilliant in this role.Its sooo amusing how unbelievably gay the character is and how well Hayes pulls it off. Never for a second do you think this guy is'nt actually Jack.Bechara, I think he's gotten terribly stereotyped, and just does not seem to come on tv/movies anymore because nobody would believe for him to be anybody else other than jack.

Given how important he is to me, I kept putting off writing about him because it is such a personal and monumental task. How could I possibly explain in words how unbelievably entertaining and awesome he is. Nothing I could say would ever be enough, so I thought why not let his words speak for himself.


1. I cost a little more but I'm worth it.
2. Will, Will, Will, buy me a computer. I want one in tangerine to match the shoes you're going to get me later
3. Right now I just kind of wanna be alone with my thought.
4. Your like my favorite medium. Although, personally, you look more like a large.
5. You know, Janet, I cannot tell you how many times anonymous sex has led to a career change for me.
6. We hate her. We hate her even more than the know-it-all daughter on 'The Gilmore Girls'.
7. You know what they say, a wrinkled ass is the devil's playground.
8 .There are no straight men, only men who haven't met Jack. .
9. Will: Jack, your ass is ringing. Jack: That means a gay angel just got his wings.
10. I'm on the set of my new movie, "Poorly Decorated Crack-House.
11. Over my drop-dead gorgeous body!
12. Thou shalt not covet my ex's ass.
13. Umm, yeah.., I don't really follow straight society.
14. You're the quarterback and I'm just the slutty cheerleader with the nice rack.
15. Guys don't make passes at girls with fat asses.
16. So what's cookin', average lookin'?
 17. I take my pants off to you.
18. No pecs, no sex!
19. [gasps] That was you taking my breath away!
20. F.Y.I., you S.O.B., cater waitering is T.U.F.F.
21. What's new with me? Not too much. Lookin' good, smellin' good. If I weren't so busy, I'd date myself.
22. Language was only needed when unattractive people were born so they could be commented on.
23. Lesson for today: Though the eyes are the window to the soul, the zipper is the window to the underwear.
24. Sex is a drug, Karen. I should know. I'm a licensed dealer.
25. Oh, you mean, like, "How to tell if your best friend's a bitch?" Yeah, I already took it. You are.
26. Ricky Martin, the openly Latino pop singing sensation.
27. Karen, I'm not gonna lie to you, I'm worried. My hair's never looked better but am I a good dad?
28. FYI, I missed you, don't make a big deal out of it, just be happy a celebrity is talking to you.
29. Sarcasm noted and quickly forgotten.
30. I've got the Evian flu! I shared a bottle of water with a stranger at the gym

 I know those are a lot, but I just couldn't stop my self.First I thought top 10, then 20, then 25... at 30 I knew I had to stop. But how genius are some of those lines. I've actually at some varied points in my life gone through phases where I have used them. I especially love the Gilmore girls one.I still use that from time to time. I think I'm going to start using the '....that was you taking my breath away' one for now.

Also, Karen and Jack share a brilliant dynamic- you know I might just do that one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment