Wednesday 5 October 2011

Valentino

As you may, or may not, have noticed the blog title has no caption, just the label's name. That is a deliberate effort from my side since nothing I can say about this collection can express how much I feel for it. Its gorgeous beyond belief, but that isn't even the start of it, and definitely not the end of it.Creative directors Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli have given us a poetic, romantic collection that is really,really pretty and very,very wearable.











Yes, Valentino isn't the creative director anymore, and the collection is different from his time in its lack of  pronounced sexiness-that sexiness the was so natural to Valentino's designs.But what it lacks in va-va-voomness it makes up in its soft femininity and delicate,coy sexuality. There is nothing that I would change, and absolutely nothing I wouldn't wear in this collection. 
Vogue's Dolly Jones sums it up really well with the last line in her report :

"It maybe that at some point we want something different to pure, modern romance from the Valentino team – but it’s hard to imagine ever getting bored with this"


Also, this is the first time I'm featuring a bag  (Michelle Tanner's backpack does'nt count) in this blog. I was holding out for something special and this is it.

 Perfection right?

No comments:

Post a Comment